Please do not enter new items.

Exchange Integration

Make FogBugz cases into Outlook tasks, and put case due dates and project milestones on your Outlook calendar.

97 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan WilsonAdminDan Wilson (Admin, fogbugzplugins) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • justienjustien commented  · 

@dorsborne - have you published your plugins anywhere?

• dorsbornedorsborne commented  · 

I've written two plugins, the first allows you to add time periods to each bug and the second produces a hCalendar feed that can then be loaded into Outlook to show the cases

• BrianBrian commented  · 

After further investigation I think I'll go with Exchange Web Services for the first iteration. This will limit it to Exchange 2007 or later but I will be able to get something out the door faster and it will work better within the plugin's restricted app domain.

• BrianBrian commented  · 

I think I'll take a crack at this one although it will probably be tricky:

Ideally, this would work with any MAPI provider but the problem is that MAPI is not supported under .NET (http://blogs.msdn.com/mstehle/archive/2007/10/03/fyi-why-are-mapi-and-cdo-1-21-not-supported-in-managed-net-code.aspx). It would also require a MAPI provider be installed on the FogBugz server which some people may choke on.

Another option would be to use the Outlook Object Model (OOM). The problem with OOM is that it restricts us to Outlook and is also not recommended in ASP.NET applications. It would also require that Outlook be installed on the Fogbugz server and there is some question as to whether it would be possible to actually call these DLLs from within the limited application domain.

Another option would be to use WebDAV which should go over port 80 and thus get past the Fogbugz app domain restrictions. WebDAV is pretty tricky but this might be the best option. There is another request for iCal which would could do over WebDAV as well.

I'll do some further investigation but if anyone has any other suggestions please don't hesitate to offer them.

• Michal DobrodenkaMichal Dobrodenka commented  · 

yes, creating task is one step, but synchronization is different story

• Dalton ParsonsDalton Parsons commented  · 

This would be great....but anything that would put FB cases on a calendar would be great!

Feedback and Knowledge Base