Additional Fields for Projects
I've often wanted to add custom fields to a projects. A plugin to add this capability would be nice.
* Names of Dev, Test, Production Servers.
* Core language/Technologies Used
* Links to relevant Wiki articles.
* Name of Product/Project Manager
* Source Control Location.
Daniel L commented
I second this. We're asking for custom fields at the project level, not the case level. It would be great if the custom fields plugin, or another plugin supported this.
There is a plug-in for this: http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBugz/plugins/plugin.aspx?ixPlugin=1
Fog Creek Software – v18.104.22.168
Tagged: custom field custom fields custom field,fields
Allows administrators to add custom fields to cases
If the case fields provided by FogBugz don't quite serve your needs, use the
Custom Fields Plugin to add a new one in a matter of minutes. The field can be any of several types including text, drop-down, and date/time.
Once the custom field is created, you'll be able to edit the new field in the case view, see a new column in the grid view, and even filter results by possible field values.
Version 22.214.171.124 – 11/6/2009
Whitespace is now handled correctly in dropdown values.
Version 1 – 6/25/2009
Kevin Anderson commented
This would be really useful. For example, take the Project Manager example - the PM is automatically notified when a case in his/her project is updated. This has the potential for being a touch heavy on the email notification side, but I dare say this could be refined...
Sebastian Oschatz commented
* cost center and accounting infos
* links to shares and documents on local file servers
* links to web pages (public web pages)
* project status (inquiry; estimated, waiting for client, commissioned, running, cancelled, done) etc.