Please do not enter new items.

Subscribe somebody else to a case digest

The 'Subscribe' link currently only lets the current user subscribe to a case. Would like to be able to subscribe another person, QA Manager for example, as well.

Preferably, that person would optionally get a daily summary of case activity instead of an email for every edit.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bradley shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sebastian Oschatz commented  · 

i still feel it would be extremely helpful to be able to subscribe someone else.

the typical use-case here is three people sitting in a meeting discussing a case - it shouldn´t involve three computers and three people just to let them follow up their discussions. this is a waste of time.

it would be also very helpful to *unsubscribe* someone, as some people seem to have experimented too much with their auto subscription settings.

Is the source code to AutoSubscribe somehow available to add that functionality on top of the existing plugin?

• David Smith commented  · 

I have already written a plugin that lists the current subscribers and a simple mailto: link with the URL of the case so you can more easily "suggest" someone subscribe to a case. I was going to subscribe someone automatically, but I thought that was a bit presumptuous. I was going to automatically send an email, but the plugin API does not support sending of mail from the server.

Feedback and Knowledge Base